How Many Warts Can Be Removed At Once Stony Stratford?
What are Warts?
Warts are small, hard growths on the skin. They’re caused by a virus called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). They’re not cancerous. They grow on various parts of the body where they can cause discomfort. They’re painful if they’re in an awkward area and embarrassing if they’re on a visible part of the body.
How Can They Be Treated?
They can be treated in different ways, depending on the degree of severity. A single wart or fewer warts could probably be treated successfully at home Stony Stratford. More severe cases or a larger number of warts might benefit from professional treatment. Treatments include:
- Home remedies like apple cider vinegar.
- Home treatment, using purchased products.
- Professional procedures at the doctor’s surgery or hospital, like laser therapy or cryotherapy.
Substances such as apple cider and baking soda have long been applied to warts in order to reduce them and better still, eliminate them. Other home remedies include aloe, garlic, basil and pineapple juice. If anyone has the patience and determination to apply those remedies and give them time to work, they would probably be successful.
Treatments for Home Use
Products containing salicylic acid can be purchased for home treatment of warts. The treatment generally involves softening the ward, removing dead skin, applying the substance and covering it for some time. The success rate is generally about 50% and takes four to six weeks.
There are over-the-counter remedies which contain a substance which freezes warts Stony Stratford. Again, the success rate is 50 % and it generally takes three applications of over ten days. Depending on the country, the product might have a different name.
Another such treatment According to most skin specialists, it’s safe to use the over-the-counter treatments which are available. However, it’s important to be sure that the growth which you are trying to remove really is a wart. If you have doubts, you can check with a doctor. Check our FAQ to find out more on this subject.
Wart Removal Treatments Stony Stratford
Warts sometimes disappear naturally, but treatment is recommended if the problem is severe. Types of treatments include:
- Surgical curettage: The wart or warts are removed using a sharp knife, under anaesthetic.
- Electrosurgery: the warts are cauterised or burned using an electrical current. Curettage and electrosurgery are often done together.
- Cryotherapy: This involves freezing off warts. The doctor applies liquid nitrogen to the wart. A scab forms which will eventually fall off.
- Laser surgery: It’s generally a last resort treatment. It can cause slight scarring but isn’t painful. It’s good for hard-to-reach warts such as those in the genital area.
Deciding on Treatment Stony Stratford
As mentioned, the decision about treatment depends on the severity of the problem. A single wart might be easily removed at home. However, if there are multiple warts, it might be good to consider professional removal. Severe problems are best handled by professionals. You’ll know yourself if you need that type of treatment Stony Stratford.